Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Purpose for This Blog

I am posting most of my pictures at my personal blog, Moving Forward, and I think I am going to make this blog one that gets pictures that I like but maybe others won't. Make sense? So, if you're looking at this blog and thinking why the heck is she sharing these? Well, because they appeal to me on some level and I'm not quite sure what to do with them.

For example, the picture below just tickles me. I took it with a new-to-me camera, a Nikon D200.


It was a cloudy, dreary day and I had no idea what I was doing with this camera. I stepped out of my van, having just bought the camera 40 minutes before and snapped a few of the cows behind my house. This one calf was like "what are you doing?"

I used my favorite lens, the Nikkor 55-200mm VR telephoto. I worked hard to focus on the calf and not let the focus be either of the trees or the barb-wire fense. Honestly, I'm not displeased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.